Ah the Run for Ryan House Half Marathon. This is a great race if you live in the North Scottsdale area and need a little weekend workout. Its a fun race with lots of hills. There is nothing too special about it but its convenient and frankly, I like convenient!
Five Fun Facts about Arizona:
- Arizona is the 6th largest state in the U.S.
- Arizona’s economy is split into the 5 C’s: Cattle, Copper, Citrus, Cotton and Climate.
- The 13 stripes on the Arizona flag represent the original 13 colonies of the U.S.
- If you cut down a Saguaro cactus in Arizona, you could go to prison for up to a year.
- Arizona Roadrunners can run up to 17 mph. Turns out, this is faster than white lightning.
Running with Amy & Stacey
Somehow, someway my wife and my sister-in-law decided to run the 5K with me. I am not 100% sure but I believe they stuck around after the race and waited for me to finish so we could all go get a bite to eat. It’s always nice to have a ride home I guess.
I believe I mentioned this in a previous post about the Run for Ryan House Half Marathon. It’s hard to get excited about running a race on the same exact paths you train multiple times a week. I just happen to run every section of this half marathon for my training runs so I know every bump and grind. It definitely takes some of the excitement out.
But, back to convenience. I do love a race that is close to home, is NOT a point to point and has ample parking. So, they got that going for them …. which is nice.